Established in 1962, Gate of Heaven Cemetery is located in East Providence on 102 total acres of burial ground. Being one of our newer cemeteries, Gate of Heaven will provide burial plots for generations of families for years to come.
- More than 3,800 burial plots still remaining for the burial of loved ones.
- More than half (56 acres) of the cemetery’s 102 total acres is still undeveloped burial ground, providing more graves for the burial of loved ones.
- More than 10,900 burials in the history of Gate of Heaven Cemetery, averaging 550 burials per year.
- In order to pray for the faithful departed, Gate of Heaven maintains three chapels for committals services and Masses.
- While the passing of a loved one is always a difficult time, the passing of a new or still born child can be devastating for a family. The Catholic Church teaches that life begins at conception and all children, regardless of stage of development, are gifts from God. As a service to parents who have lost young children, Gate of Heaven Cemetery offers an area reserved for those infants who have been called back to God.
- The cemetery gates open at 7:30 a.m. and close at 4:00 p.m.
550 Wampanoag Trail
East Providence, RI 02915
Cemetery Manager: Rob Pacific