Established in 1871, Mt. St. Mary Cemetery is located on the Pawtucket-East Providence line. With forty two total acres of burial, Mt. St. Mary Cemetery is one of best kept and maintained cemeteries in our Diocese.
- 63,800 burials in the 136 year history of Mt. St. Mary Cemetery, averaging 345 burials per year.
- More than 500 grave units still available for the burial of the deceased, with four acres of undeveloped burial ground still remaining.
- While the passing of a loved one is always a difficult time, the passing of a new or still born child can be devastating for a family. The Catholic Church teaches that life begins at conception and all children, regardless of stage of development, are gifts from God. As a service to parents who have lost young children, Mount St. Mary Cemetery offers an area reserved for those infants who have been called back to God.
- Mt. St. Mary Cemetery offers two chapels for committal services and Masses.
- The cemetery gates open at 7:30 a.m. and close at 4:00 p.m.
661 Prospect St.
Pawtucket, RI 02860
Lead Foreman: Robert Degnan