Established in 1889, St. Columba Cemetery is one of two Diocesan Cemeteries located on the East Bay. Overlooking Narragansett Bay, this cemetery lies in Middletown, RI on a rolling landscape consisting of sixty four total acres.
- Located overlooking the Narragansett Bay, providing a calm and peaceful environment for the burying of loved ones.
- More than 23,000 burials in the history of St. Columba Cemetery, averaging 185 burials per year.
- 695 graves and burial lots still remaining for the burial of deceased loved ones. There is also fifty five remaining acres of undeveloped burial ground.
- Maintains a chapel for committal services and Masses remembering the faithful departed.
- While the passing of a loved one is always a difficult time, the passing of a new or still born child can be devastating for a family. The Catholic Church teaches that life begins at conception and all children, regardless of stage of development, are gifts from God. As a service to parents who have lost young children, St. Columba Cemetery offers an area reserved for those infants who have been called back to God.
- The cemetery gates open at 7:30 a.m. and close at 4:00 p.m.
465 Brown’s Lane
Middletown, RI 02842
Lead Foreman: Jeff Baldassare