Established in 1970, St. Joseph Cemetery is located in West Greenwich on 255 total acres of burial ground. With more than half of the total acreage still awaiting development, St. Joseph Cemetery will provide numerous burial plots for years to come.
- More than 2,000 burials in the history of St. Joseph Cemetery, averaging 100 burials per year.
- More than 2,000 grave units still available for the burial of loved ones along with 145 non-developed acres of burial grounds.
- St. Joseph Cemetery maintains three chapels for committal services and Masses when praying for the faithful departed.
- While the passing of a loved one is always a difficult time, the passing of a new or still born child can be devastating for a family. The Catholic Church teaches that life begins at conception and all children, regardless of stage of development, are gifts from God. As a service to parents who have lost young children, St. Joseph Cemetery offers an area reserved for those infants who have been called back to God.
- The cemetery gates open at 7:30 a.m. and close at 4:00 p.m.
St. Joseph Cemetery
Route No. 3
Nooseneck Hill Road
West Greenwich, RI 02817
Lead Foreman: Richard Calderone